2014 Women's Business & Enterprise Conference
Confidence is the Key - get it, feel it, keep it
The foundation of all success, confidence empowers us to do more and do it better, becoming more charismatic and influential whether it be in our business, career or everyday life.
Chaired by influential Scottish broadcaster, Kaye Adams, the conference is taking place on 8 May, in the Gogarburn Conference Centre, Edinburgh. The programme includes seminars, workshops and panel debates with themes to suit all women in business in Scotland. See our event page
for more information and to book.
The Association of Scottish Businesswomen (ASB) supports business and professional women throughout Scotland. We do this by
- providing opportunities to link and connect businesswomen in Scotland together, building and strengthening business relationships via our national events and in our affiliated groups,
- providing opportunities for national recognition of businesswomen’s achievements,
- providing support and inspiration to enable affiliated organisations and members to develop and grow in the business world,
- sharing opportunities of interest to businesswomen
- listening and consulting our members to form a consolidated businesswomen’s voice for Scotland, and
- seeking to influence and inform policy-makers and key decision-makers in partnership with Women’s Enterprise Scotland (WES) to increase and strengthen women’s business opportunities, growth and success in Scotland.
You can find out more about the benefits of membership and join the ASB directly or sign up through your membership of an affiliated group. You can also enter for an award, sign up for our newsletter or contact us for more information.
Scottish Framework for Women’s Enterprise
On Tuesday 4 March, ASB Partner, Women's Enterprise Scotland launched the Scottish Framework and Action Plan for Women's Enterprise. The Framework and Action Plan is a result of a 7 month consultation, and contains actions focussing on ambassador roles, mentoring and networking, gender specific support and access to finance and market intelligence.
This is a vital step forward in Scottish women's enterprise and recognises the key part women in business in Scotland have in the Scottish economy. The ASB fully support all the initiatives that will emerge from the Framework and Action Plan, and will collaborate across the Scottish eco-system to ensure the initiatives are a success. You can download the Framework and Action Plan here.